I had purchased a vehicle under hypothetical from ICICI bank. The vehicle was repossessed by the bank and it was later sold by the bank to a third party. A few days ago I was informed that the vehicle was involved in a fatal accident and I have been named as the owner as it seems that the bank authorities did not carry out the proper ownership transfer paperwork when reselling the vehicle. Do I have a liability in this case?
Yes, you are liable unless you can prove the fact of bank's taking possession of the vehicle and sale of same, before the accident.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Recovery Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Left job without resignation now want to join back
- Fiancee US citizen. Want to get married to her India.
- Can mother give consent to sell on behalf of her mentally ill child
- What to do when accused is not adhering to court order ?
- Landlord threatening to cause me physical harm. What action possible?