wife's right after husbands death
My Jiju (brother-in-law) died. Left behind his Parents (Non Working) Wife (homemaker) two children. The house in which they live belongs to my sister's father-in-law who is the father of the deceased. Legally does the wife get any share from the property.
Your sister has every right to stay in the matrimonial home. Whether she has got any right in the property owned by her father-in-law, which certainly depends on how her father-in-law got the ownership of the house, whether it was by inheritance, gift or self-acquired by her father-in-law.
If her father-in-law has inherited the property from his parents then your sister can claim being wife of his son(deceased).
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
- Nigerian Fraud victim
- Vacating the place before the due date.
- am i entitled to share in my fathers property as mother says i am not
- Can I file fresh complaint under Ipc for using fake date of birthday
- Can call recordings of wife by a spy software used in court?