queswife's right after husbands death

My Jiju (brother-in-law) died. Left behind his Parents (Non Working) Wife (homemaker) two children. The house in which they live belongs to my sister's father-in-law who is the father of the deceased. Legally does the wife get any share from the property.

• ansYour sister has every right to stay in the matrimonial home. Whether she has got any right in the property owned by her father-in-law, which certainly depends on how her father-in-law got the ownership of the house, whether it was by inheritance, gift or self-acquired by her father-in-law.

If her father-in-law has inherited the property from his parents then your sister can claim being wife of his son(deceased).