What share am I entitled to in my father's property?
We are four brothers. My parents are alive and are more than 80 years of age. My father has two properties (houses). I live abroad. I want to know that as per law, how much property am I eligible to get.
I am not aware of any will preparation system. I need your kind advise on this please.
It all depends on what kind of a property it is. If it is a self acquired property then your father has the right to execute a Will and give the property to whoever he desires. If it is an ancestral property then you have a 1/3rd right on the property.
If your father dies without a Will, then you have a 1/3rd right on the property. We suggest you to consult a local lawyer who can guide you to draft a Will.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Corporation tax in name of brother how can we claim share property
- After court marriage staying separate. Social marriage not done.
- Drunkard parks his car in front of my house and abuses me. what to do?
- Procedure to open a hookah bar
- Physically harassed by a friend what action can be taken