What rights does adopted child have in property, alongwith own child?
I want to know about the rights of an adopted child in the property if parents are having their own child as well.
We would like to inform you that on a valid adoption, the adoptee gets transplanted in adopting family with the same rights as that of natural-born son. Adopted child becomes coparcener in Joint Hindu Family property after severing all his ties with natural family.
So basically, the adopted child has exactly the same rights as a natural born legitimate child. This is mentioned in the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act and this view has even been enunciated by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- I want divorce from my wife as she is abusing me always
- Did not serve full notice period what consequences i will have to face
- Ancestral property belonging 5 members be sold without consent of one
- A4 Paper size of for rent agreement or need to print on legal paper
- Mother's sisters harassing her what legal can we take