What rights does adopted child have in property, alongwith own child?
I want to know about the rights of an adopted child in the property if parents are having their own child as well.
We would like to inform you that on a valid adoption, the adoptee gets transplanted in adopting family with the same rights as that of natural-born son. Adopted child becomes coparcener in Joint Hindu Family property after severing all his ties with natural family.
So basically, the adopted child has exactly the same rights as a natural born legitimate child. This is mentioned in the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act and this view has even been enunciated by the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband sent divorce notice what should we do now
- Query regarding Land on my late father's name
- Maintenance charges when the premises is less than even 500 sq.ft
- How can I get divorce decree soon case going on for last 2 years
- If Judge orders to pay he will be injail till the time he does not pay