×

quesWhat right does a son have in fathers property after his death

My Father owns a house built in 30 * 60 land in Hyderabad. I am staying abroad since 2010 and financially stable. I have only an younger sister and she wants the house after the demise of my parents. Even my parents are supporting the same saying that i am a male and quite well off. I wish that both us should have equal rights on the property and i don't want to sell it because i am very much emotionally connected to the house. I paid Rs 3 lakhs for my sisters education in 2012 and another 3 lakhs for her marriage in 2015 ( i have the bills for the same). Can i have right on the property against the will of my parents and sister?. If my sister agrees for an equal share can i deduct the amount that i spent for her marriage and education? Thanks

• ansBoth of you having no rights over the property in the life time of your father. It is his wish and will to whom he give the property. You have give 6 lakh for her education and marriage out of love and affection. Both of you discuss and settle the issue.

Advocate Yannam Narapa Reddy

• ansYes you can partition your father property and can claim the money spent by you on your sister education and marriage. If there is a will you can challenge the will in court for cancellation of will and can pray for partition as per sussession act

Advocate Shanker Das

Nampally, Hyderabad