quesWhat right does a son have in fathers property after his death

My Father owns a house built in 30 * 60 land in Hyderabad. I am staying abroad since 2010 and financially stable. I have only an younger sister and she wants the house after the demise of my parents. Even my parents are supporting the same saying that i am a male and quite well off. I wish that both us should have equal rights on the property and i don't want to sell it because i am very much emotionally connected to the house. I paid Rs 3 lakhs for my sisters education in 2012 and another 3 lakhs for her marriage in 2015 ( i have the bills for the same). Can i have right on the property against the will of my parents and sister?. If my sister agrees for an equal share can i deduct the amount that i spent for her marriage and education? Thanks

  • ansBoth of you having no rights over the property in the life time of your father. It is his wish and will to whom he give the property. You have give 6 lakh for her education and marriage out of love and affection. Both of you discuss and settle the issue.

    Advocate Yannam Narapa Reddy

      Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad

  • ansYes you can partition your father property and can claim the money spent by you on your sister education and marriage. If there is a will you can challenge the will in court for cancellation of will and can pray for partition as per sussession act

    Advocate Shanker Das

      Nampally, Hyderabad

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My great grand father had a house. After his death he has declared my grand…

I have booked one flat which is in under construction stage. i have paid around…
1 housing society over 27 years old with common electricity, ground rent ,water tax under…
I bought a plot and now this plot is on my name and mution is…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly