What is the best way to get property transferred?
I want to get property transferred to myself. What would be the best option to get it transferred. I also want to know the difference between will and settlement agreement?
The property can be transferred in two ways:
1. Sale Deed
3 Gift Deed
In case of sale deed, you will have to pay consideration for the property. Thereafter it has to be registered. So in short you will have to buy the property
The owner of the property can execute a Will in your favour and after his dead the Will becomes operative and you become the owner.
The other option available with you is that the person(owner ) can execute an Gift deed in your favour and thereafter you can get the same registered before sub register
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- My Wife lodged complaint about me in her home town under section 160
- Shopkeeper not willing to pay shop rent mentioned in the agreement
- How to obtain the duplicate copy of death certificate
- Flat in father's name I paid instalment can I keep the flat
- Husband does not want to stay with me what can I do