What is my share in ancestral property. Grandparents alive. What to do
I have belong from UP. My grandfather and grandmother are alive and they have 80 biga agricultural land. I am 27 years old. My grandfather had only one son i.e. my father and six ddaughters. We are 2 brothers. The property is ancestral. My grandfather sold 20 biga of land. We have got no financial support from them. What is my legal share in the ancestral property?
You can file a Suit for Partition and demand a 1/24 out of total remaining property with your grandfather . This suit will file at the same city District Court where the property is located.
As your family have 1/8 share (including i.e. You,Your brother & your mother )
Advocate Ravinder TyagiLagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi
You and your brother together would have 1/8th share if the property is ancestral I.e. it was bought by your great grandfather or bought by your grandfather out of family funds. Post 2005 amendment daughter have an equal share as that of the son..
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
I am assuming that the property owned by your Grandparents is their self acquired property and for you it is ancestral.
In this light, you have no right till the time your Grandparents are alive and it is their discretion to dispose the property in the manner as they desire.
Advocate Kunal SabharawalPanchsheel Enclave, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I get a divorce without proof of marriage
- My boyfriend got married due to parents pressure what can I do
- Girl was not treated with respect by her in laws now seperated
- Refund of money against non allotment of plot by BPTP
- How can I recover back the money lent to the neighbor