quesWhat is my share in ancestral property. Grandparents alive. What to do

I have belong from UP. My grandfather and grandmother are alive and they have 80 biga agricultural land. I am 27 years old. My grandfather had only one son i.e. my father and six ddaughters. We are 2 brothers. The property is ancestral. My grandfather sold 20 biga of land. We have got no financial support from them. What is my legal share in the ancestral property?

  • ansYou can file a Suit for Partition and demand a 1/24 out of total remaining property with your grandfather . This suit will file at the same city District Court where the property is located.
    As your family have 1/8 share (including i.e. You,Your brother & your mother )

    Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

      Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi

  • ansYou and your brother together would have 1/8th share if the property is ancestral I.e. it was bought by your great grandfather or bought by your grandfather out of family funds. Post 2005 amendment daughter have an equal share as that of the son..

    Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

      Jor Bagh, Delhi

  • ansI am assuming that the property owned by your Grandparents is their self acquired property and for you it is ancestral.

    In this light, you have no right till the time your Grandparents are alive and it is their discretion to dispose the property in the manner as they desire.


    Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

      Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello, I am selling my flat and the buyer is insisting that the signing of…
My father and mother jointly own a property in Chandivali Andheri east I.e. the sale…
There is a property in the name of my motherinlaw who is no more. The…
mere dada ji ki property h par unoneh basita naama kraka h jinge ji unka…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly