quesWhat is my share in ancestral property. Grandparents alive. What to do

I have belong from UP. My grandfather and grandmother are alive and they have 80 biga agricultural land. I am 27 years old. My grandfather had only one son i.e. my father and six ddaughters. We are 2 brothers. The property is ancestral. My grandfather sold 20 biga of land. We have got no financial support from them. What is my legal share in the ancestral property?

• ansYou can file a Suit for Partition and demand a 1/24 out of total remaining property with your grandfather . This suit will file at the same city District Court where the property is located.
    As your family have 1/8 share (including i.e. You,Your brother & your mother )

Advocate Ravinder Tyagi

Lagpat Nagar-IV, Delhi

• ansYou and your brother together would have 1/8th share if the property is ancestral I.e. it was bought by your great grandfather or bought by your grandfather out of family funds. Post 2005 amendment daughter have an equal share as that of the son..

Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

Jor Bagh, Delhi

• ansI am assuming that the property owned by your Grandparents is their self acquired property and for you it is ancestral.

In this light, you have no right till the time your Grandparents are alive and it is their discretion to dispose the property in the manner as they desire.

Best,
    Kunal

Advocate Kunal Sabharawal

Panchsheel Enclave, Delhi