What are our rights in property if father died without making a Will?
We are 3 brothers and Father died without will. Father bought 2 flats when he was alive and one of them is occupied by 2nd brother. He discuss a partition at his own terms and otherwise do not discuss and usually do not respond. What are our rights and what possibly we can do
As you stated that your father bought property himself,
we infer from the above statement that the property is self acquired.
In such a situation, as you father died intestate i.e. without a Will, then all the legal heirs have share in the property.
For the same you can file a partition suit in the concerned civil court.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Original mother troubling after giving the child to adopted mother.
- Wife hide few things before marriage and now file DV case against us
- Procedure to get marriage certificate
- Wife not ready to live with me or divorce me
- My mother wishes to write will in my name do I need sister's consent