What are my right to the roof if i share the property with my brother?
My father in his Will gave his 3 story property to me and my brother. According to the Will my brother got the ground floor and I got 2nd and 3rd floor. We have six sisters and it was clearly mentioned in the will that there will not get any share in the property.
But, now since I have been allotted the second and the third floor,
what are my rights on the roof? If I wish to construct some room or anything on the roof do I have to ask my brother?
Basically, terrace forms part of common area for benefit of all flat owners.
No construction can be carried on in terrace without the consent of all co-owners of the building.
In the case of Bihari Lal Jalan vs. DDA, the Delhi HC held that common areas or portions must remain common to all the allottees and cannot be grabbed by any particular allottee for their exclusive use.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Employee not replying show cause notice issued by the company
- In Case Of Remand to rent tribunal
- Whether any endorsements is obtained or required for agricultural land
- Can I mutate my share separately if cousins are delaying signing
- Can unmarried woman transfer property to a third person