quesWhat action against illegal possession on joint property by brother?

My youngest brother has occupied my property (as per WILL) and has constructed a big house on it. The WILL is not probated yet. Also. there is no approval taken from any civic body for the construction plan.


He has rented the property and it is creating a problem for me and the other brother. We approached the police but they are not helping. He also calls goons every now and then threaten us. What is the best solution for this problem. Whom should we go for help?


  • ans


    Please specify the terms of the Will. In case you are the owner, then you can file a suit for eviction against your brother and suit for declaration. 


    In addition to this you can file a criminal complaint against your brother for mental harassment.


    We suggest you to consult a local lawyer.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am 26 years old unmarried girl. My parents are not divorced , but they…
My father expired in 2013 without leaving a will, he owned a house in delhi,…
I am having a flat of 543 sqft and in GBM it was fixed that…

can ancestral property transferd by gift deed. and do I have any right in my…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly