Uncle demanding share in my father's property after selling his share.
My grandfather had purchased property on his and my uncle's name (younger son). My uncle has sold out half portion of that property without telling my father (elder son). Now, they are demanding the half portion from my father's share.
Can someone suggest on this. Thanks.
Please provide the complete facts:
1. Is your grandfather alive?
2. Has he left a Will?
Please provide the above facts so that we can provide you with the exact solution. However, if your grandfather died without a Will, then your father being a legal heir, will have an equal right on the property and your uncle has no right to sell the property. Hence, you can challenge the sale by your uncle and seeking cancellation of sale.
Further, you can file a suit for partition thereby demanding your father's share.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- how can i take my property from the previous owner?
- About divorce and dowry not being returned in divorce
- What action can I take against the builder on delay in possession
- Boyfriend breaking up with me. How can i sue him?
- Can i legally stop my sister's husband from taking divorce from her?