quesUncle demanding share in my father's property after selling his share.

My grandfather had purchased property on his and my uncle's name (younger son). My uncle has sold out half portion of that property without telling my father (elder son). Now, they are demanding the half portion from my father's share.

Can someone suggest on this. Thanks.

Please provide the complete facts:

1. Is your grandfather alive?

2. Has he left a Will?

Please provide the above facts so that we can provide you with the exact solution. However, if your grandfather died without a Will, then your father being a legal heir, will have an equal right on the property and your uncle has no right to sell the property. Hence, you can challenge the sale by your uncle and seeking cancellation of sale. 

Further, you can file a suit for partition thereby demanding your father's share.