Trustte of the building locked the terrace.
I have a room in terrace at fifth floor of a trust building and paying rent of the room regularly but neither staying nor given on rent suddenly the trustee of the building has locked the terrace main gate saying some illegal activities going on in terrace as some empty beer bottles were found as i stay at borivali at present and my room is south mumbai, trustee say when u will come to stay i ll give u the keys and in the time between 10.00am to 6.00pm only on the paper the room is commercial so please giude me what can i do legally and what can trustee do legally if i break the lock?
If you have taken premises on rent for commercial purposes you should not keep it locked. Start using premises regularly failing which landlord may file suit for eviction against you. It does not make sense to antagonize landlord. Arrive at an amicable settlement, since landlord is willing to give you keys during office timings.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can father claim share if grandfather transferred all property to me ?
- Father was guarantor in bank loan am I liable after father death
- Procedure for father to get share in his grand father's property?
- No original documents available
- Husband married again without divorce how can I claim maintenance