quesTransferring property in favor of nephew

I am living with my father in laws house since 20 years, My wife was adopted from the brother of my mother in law. She was not legally adopted ,she was adopted at the age of 6 months. We got married and after 4 years of marriage my Father in law got an Heart attack so i have to stay with them as they had not any son to look after him. My mother in law expired in 2014. After her death my father in law had wrote a will in the name of my wife. but now He is willing to give the property to his brother's son. My father is 87 yrs old. Can he give property to his nephew?

  • ansBeing the absolute owner of his property he is at liberty to decide how his property will be distributed after his life time. He can revoke his earlier will and make a fresh will in favor of his nephew.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, my question is Amrapali zodiac builder given flat position without registry and incomplete society.…
Hi, This is yash rastogi. Me and my sister Yashi rastogi(NRI) have purchased 2 flats…
my father bought house with help of money given to him by my paternal grandfather…
My uncle passed away two years back, leaving his self-acquired flat, for his wife. My…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly