Transferring property in favor of nephew
I am living with my father in laws house since 20 years, My wife was adopted from the brother of my mother in law. She was not legally adopted ,she was adopted at the age of 6 months. We got married and after 4 years of marriage my Father in law got an Heart attack so i have to stay with them as they had not any son to look after him. My mother in law expired in 2014. After her death my father in law had wrote a will in the name of my wife. but now He is willing to give the property to his brother's son. My father is 87 yrs old. Can he give property to his nephew?
Being the absolute owner of his property he is at liberty to decide how his property will be distributed after his life time. He can revoke his earlier will and make a fresh will in favor of his nephew.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can person file sexual harassment case for sending message in a group
- Gave mediclaim policy after which I gave black cheque
- Husband passed away how can I claim my streedhan
- What legal formalities are to be fulfilled for an arbitration case?
- Can property be claimed if the papers are not registered