Transfering mother's property to wife
My brother claims 30% share in the house of my mother which actually should belong to me. At present my mother is alive and the Property Will is registered in my name. if in writing 30% is given in the share certificate of the house, what kind of problems will i face? 1. Can the house be in my name? Can my wife inherit it 70% after me? Will I need an NOC from my brother for selling the property or transferring to my wife?
According to the facts stated by you it appears, your mother is an absolute owner of the house. She has made a will bequeathing 30% share in said house to you. Please clarify as to what share has been bequeathed to your brother. Your mother can during her life time execute gift deed in your favor. On such gift deed being made, you would be the absolute owner of the said house. The house would be transferred in your name. A will takes effect on death of testator. If she has bequeathed 30% share to you on her death you and other legal beneficiaries under will would become owners of said house. You can transfer your share later to your wife In case the house is in Delhi you may need probate of will. You don't need an NOC from your brother for transfer of share bequeathed to you under will. Consult a local lawyer.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter adamant to marry a person. How to stop her from doing this?
- Husband is physically assaulting and harassing me
- In government job or visa criminal background is checked
- cheque are bounced from my side cos of insufficient funds, need time
- What action can i take if made to pay for for site under coercion