quesTransfering mother's property to wife

My brother claims 30% share in the house of my mother which actually should belong to me. At present my mother is alive and the Property Will is registered in my name. if in writing 30% is given in the share certificate of the house, what kind of problems will i face? 1. Can the house be in my name? Can my wife inherit it 70% after me? Will I need an NOC from my brother for selling the property or transferring to my wife?

  • ansAccording to the facts stated by you it appears, your mother is an absolute owner of the house. She has made a will bequeathing 30% share in said house to you. Please clarify as to what share has been bequeathed to your brother. Your mother can during her life time execute gift deed in your favor. On such gift deed being made, you would be the absolute owner of the said house. The house would be transferred in your name. A will takes effect on death of testator. If she has bequeathed 30% share to you on her death you and other legal beneficiaries under will would become owners of said house. You can transfer your share later to your wife In case the house is in Delhi you may need probate of will. You don't need an NOC from your brother for transfer of share bequeathed to you under will. Consult a local lawyer.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I had booked a 1BHK in Dec.2015 at the time of booking I had paid…
Hi Sir/Madam, Me and my brother are selling our property to some other person, when…
sir,i had purchased a property in varanasi from shri sai baba company creating a township…
i wish to sell a property which is in my name. but whenever i wish…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly