quesTo find out property and pay the land tax. How can i do it?

My mother in law is 76 yers old also she is not even walk from the last 10 years.She has 40 cent property in Fortcochin Thamaraparambu area Its registered in 1972 at fort cochin registicer office. Actually we were not aware about this property from the last 40 years.when I took the Certificate of encumbrnce on property from Register office, still it is owned by my mother in law. In this situation many times I tried to contact village office to pay the landtax and register this proprty to my husband name also find out the area,Their argument was it is very difct find out file a civil case. help

  • ans

    Mere finding a name in the encumbrance certificate will not entitle title to the property to he person whose name appears in the encumbrance certificate. 

    What about the title document or original documents

    Do you have the registered sale deed document standing in your mother in  law's name?

    Is it a self acquired property or inherited property?

    If your mother in law is alive how do you think that the said property can be transferred to your husband's name during her life time, being the property standing on her name?

    Is your mother in  law willing to execute a gift deed on his name?

    Whether your husband was facing any problem while getting the gift deed executed in his favor?

    What is the civil case that was proposed by somebody?

    Did you consult any lawyer in the local with all the details and relevant papers, if so what was his opinion?

    You may give reply to all the queries after which you will get proper opinion and suggestions on how to move further in respect of the problem you are confronting. 


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My dad had bought a land from his boss for the sole purpose of selling…
we use the railway approach road as our only means of raod to our home.…
I m planning to buy a flat on a leasehold land.The agreement will be between…
sir I belongs to Hindu religion. my father has to married. we are two brother…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly