×

quesSupreme court's order regarding DOPT.

Could you please guide me that verdict given by supreme court in NR Parmar case (Union of India & Ors. Vs. N.R. Parmar & Ors. [Civil Appeal Nos. 7514-7515 of 2005] is binding on Governmnet of India on Seniority matters? Since, this verdict was reflected in DOPT's order on 4th March, 2014. It declared that all old OMs shall stand void and only this DOPT order shall be applicable. Is it responsibility of the DOPT to monitor that whether departments are implementing this OM or not?

• ansAn order passed by Supreme Court of India is binding on all authorities in the country. Government is obligated to follow in letter and spirit a judgment of Supreme Court.