Stilt parking ownership in co-operative society
I purchased a 2BHK flat from builder in the year Nov 2004 which has a stilt parking allotted for which I paid additional amount. The parking area is clearly shown and mentioned in the registered document. The society refuses to accept this and has clearly mentioned that the stilt parking is a common area belonging to the society. I have sent society office complaint letters in this regard. In Feb 2014 they have given a letter mentioning that the parking space allotted is encroachment to the society and does not accept the allotment done by the builder.
My questions is 1. If I have the right to the parking space, Can I approach the registrar office to file the complain against the society and get back the parking space ownership? 2. If I cannot have the right to space then, Can I approach the consumer court or high court against the builder to refund back the money.
Society is justified in its approach. Stilt parking forms part of common area of the society. Builder has no powers to sell the car parking slot to you. Complaint to registrar won't result in grant of ownership of parking slot to you. You can move consumer forum against the builder and ask for refund of money paid for purchase of stilt parking slot with interest. Also seek compensation against the builder
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Passport seized when case pending case over now police not giving it
- Can 3 different property owned by 3 different people bought by 1 deed
- helping in running away from domestic violence at home by father
- Can a son of land owner claim the land
- what is the procedure for distribution of property if there is no will