quesStilt parking ownership in co-operative society

I purchased a 2BHK flat from builder in the year Nov 2004 which has a stilt parking allotted for which I paid additional amount. The parking area is clearly shown and mentioned in the registered document. The society refuses to accept this and has clearly mentioned that the stilt parking is a common area belonging to the society. I have sent society office complaint letters in this regard. In Feb 2014 they have given a letter mentioning that the parking space allotted is encroachment to the society and does not accept the allotment done by the builder.

My questions is 1. If I have the right to the parking space, Can I approach the registrar office to file the complain against the society and get back the parking space ownership? 2. If I cannot have the right to space then, Can I approach the consumer court or high court against the builder to refund back the money.

  • ansSociety is justified in its approach. Stilt parking forms part of common area of the society. Builder has no powers to sell the car parking slot to you. Complaint to registrar won't result in grant of ownership of parking slot to you. You can move consumer forum against the builder and ask for refund of money paid for purchase of stilt parking slot with interest. Also seek compensation against the builder

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

We bought Underconstruction flat from the Sales agent,we made all the deals and was paying…
Dear Sir, Religion : Hindu Caste : ST Lambada . My father is govt employee…

Hi I am sc ,and want to buy a plot in Bangalore from a general…

flat owner has died leaving behind wife, mother and father and two minor children. wife…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly