quesStamp duty on gift deed & income tax on selling propert

My mother has one immovable property in her name in Rajasthan & she does not have pan card. I want to know the best way of using amount of selling that property.

1. should my mother gift it to me & pay stamp duty on it. then I will sell this property & invest the amount received from it to purchase flat in Delhi & NCR. OR

2. My mother should sell it & pay income tax on it & then i will use that money to purchase flat in Delhi & NCR. What would be the best way ? Is there any other way we can go to sell property & save tax on it?

  • ansIf your mother gifts property to you it would attract 2% stamp duty. In addition registration charges would have to be paid. Then if you sell property it would attract another 5% stamp duty and registration charges. Best bet is for your mother to sell the property. If mother is holding on to it for number of years it would attract long term capital gains. Then your mother can purchase flat in joint names you would be joint owner of flat.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, My father was opened a Company in 1996, in that company my mother was…
My grand father & grandmother had 3 sons. After my grandfather death all is property…
sir/ma'm my name is sudhir kumar.i am from gazipur ,utter pradesh but i live currently…
There is land in waranagar area (Agricultural). My cousin grandfathers name is there on that…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly