sold property under threat. What to do?
My father lives with myyounger bro. last 10yr bro forcing sell house. house got sold 2mths bak inexchange with house/cash. with out my presense or signature in sub registrar court. 1 mth left to move out. 101% property was sold with threat 2kill father n myself father sick n bed ridden. when i came to know sent email to dcp stating house was sold with threat 2kill father n me. Is that legal how property got sold with out my present n signature. can i go2 court ask 4 stay. i do have blank paper with father signature will this help file complaint with police n 2get stay. thankx
You can get a stay from the court if the property was an HUF, ancestral or a property in which you had a share. You should file a suit for Partition If the property is undivided and get a stay on the property. You should also challenge the validity of the sale deed.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
Sir, in case the house was your father's self acquired property your sign is irrelevant for selling the property. However if the property was ancestral you have a share in it and the same could not have been sold without your consent and if that is the case you can challenge it. The sale may be challenged even otherwise if coercion and undue influence can be established
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
Yes offcourse you can. Obtain a stay from the court depending on the title of the property. Kindly contact for detailed consultation as many more facts are required before strategizing the best legal option.
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Which director will get property in case of dispute?
- My sister attempted suicide. Harassment by husband.
- Paid for Registration but not registered yet now they r not responding
- Service regularization of personnel with 5 yrs unauthorized absence
- Amount refund by seller be considered a taxable transaction?