quesSold disputed property. Got notice to return property. What can i do?

A friend bought a land 10 years ago and he got a notice 2 years ago from the litigation department that the said land is under litigation. On responding to the department, he did not get a revert from them after he submitted all the relevant ownership papers to them.


He later sold the land an year ago and now he gets another notice last week to hand over the possession to the previous owner.


What should he do now as he has already sold off the land. The land is in Haryana.


  • ans


    There is nothing like 'litigation department' as mentioned by you in your query. If the land has already been sold, and a notice is received by your friend from the court, it has to be contested and the position has to be appraised to the court.


    The previous agreement is superseded by the new agreement unless there was any embargo in the previous agreement regarding the time frame for execution of the agreement.


    The correct position can only be analysed after the analysis of the previous agreement and the petition which has been filed as it is not clear as to how the person who has filed the case is claiming legal rights over the property, and how the cause of action has arose in his favour to file the present case.


  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am a Grandson of my Grandpa , my father has 4 sisters (all married…
if a person buys a property from me and after giving some amount of around…
Dear All, During the pendency of the suit, sale deed has been executed in violation…

Brothers were running a partnership firm & they were mfg. of products. business was shut…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly