society and builder not issuing completion certificate
I have a flat in township of approximate 1000 flats. My flat was in last phase of the township and I got the possession of the same in 2014. New flats including my flat got emerged with the existing co-cooperative housing society. We have been chasing the society since one year to help in getting completion certificate / Occpuation certifcate from Builder. The managing committee of society is also chasing the builder for the same, but not able to get the same. My question is 1) can we all flat owners approach the PMC for the same? Will that option be helpful in this case? 2) Can we go straight to consumer forum to file case against the builder?
You can issue a legal notice to the builder for deficiency of services and to give you completion certificate at the earliest. If he doesn't give you the same you may approach the consumer court for the same asking damages as well. Get it checked in the PMC about the delay for getting completion certificate. Check whether it is approved by the same. You can apply to the office if builder doesn't gives you. Alternately you can file a writ petition to the high court seeking direction to issue completion certificate.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- On what grounds can we file for divorce after 1 year
- baby born in extra marital affair custody of the child and maintenance
- Being a landlord can I increase rent 10% per year for my old tenants
- Not getting flat possession due to dispute between landlord builder
- Delay in repairing of mobile device by company service centre