quessociety and builder not issuing completion certificate

I have a flat in township of approximate 1000 flats. My flat was in last phase of the township and I got the possession of the same in 2014. New flats including my flat got emerged with the existing co-cooperative housing society. We have been chasing the society since one year to help in getting completion certificate / Occpuation certifcate from Builder. The managing committee of society is also chasing the builder for the same, but not able to get the same. My question is 1) can we all flat owners approach the PMC for the same? Will that option be helpful in this case? 2) Can we go straight to consumer forum to file case against the builder?

• ansYou can issue a legal notice to the builder for deficiency of services and to give you completion certificate at the earliest. If he doesn't give you the same you may approach the consumer court for the same asking damages as well. Get it checked in the PMC about the delay for getting completion certificate. Check whether it is approved by the same. You can apply to the office if builder doesn't gives you. Alternately you can file a writ petition to the high court seeking direction to issue completion certificate.