Sisters asking for property which we are constructing
We are constructing our new home. Our mother has given us the property for which we have our own registry of floors. Now our sisters are coming and giving us warnings to give us property. Is it legal.
Our mother is still alive and she had signed all the papers pertaining to property to be given to us before 2 years.
Is there any right of the sisters in the home which we are contructing and not selling. Please help at the earliest.
As you said that the property is given to you by your mother.
Before advising you we would like to know a few questions :
1) How was the property transferred to you i.e. through a gift deed or by Will?
2) Is the property ancestral or self acquired by your mother?
If the property is ancestral then in that case the sister's are also entitled to have share in the same.
So please clarify.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Purchased a land from SC/ST can it be unconstitutional
- Uncle transferring property to grandson by fraud
- How to file a case about land grabbing and need to attend the hearing?
- Legality of purchase property by pvt ltd company
- Worked in LIC in 1999-2000 Can I get permanent job