Sisters asking for property which we are constructing
We are constructing our new home. Our mother has given us the property for which we have our own registry of floors. Now our sisters are coming and giving us warnings to give us property. Is it legal.
Our mother is still alive and she had signed all the papers pertaining to property to be given to us before 2 years.
Is there any right of the sisters in the home which we are contructing and not selling. Please help at the earliest.
As you said that the property is given to you by your mother.
Before advising you we would like to know a few questions :
1) How was the property transferred to you i.e. through a gift deed or by Will?
2) Is the property ancestral or self acquired by your mother?
If the property is ancestral then in that case the sister's are also entitled to have share in the same.
So please clarify.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Dads bother threatening us and troubling us what can I do.
- Who is entitled to DMAT acount after death of holder?
- Filing divorce while harassment complaint has been filed against me
- Son in law wants divorce with his wife what can I do
- When can i remarry after getting divorce