Sister in law started construction on my property. How to stop her?
I have a residential plot in my home town in Bankura District at west Bengal,India. I am staying in Gurgaon because of my job. My sister in law started house construction forcefully in my plot. Can I send a legal notice to stop the construction through Gurgaon Court?
If you are the owner of the plot in question, then your sister-in-law cannot raise a construction over the same or interfere in your peaceful possession of the same.
However, in case she is forcefully starting construction, you need to seek a stay / injunction to stop the same over the said plot and this can only be granted from the Court having jurisdiction in the city / state where the immovable property is situated.
As an immediate measure, you can get a legal notice issued from a lawyer placed anywhere, calling upon your sister-in-law to stop the construction. The Courts at Gurgaon would not entertain your case.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can father disown sis from family and give no property?
- Few people snooping in our house filed complaint
- Court order for Recovery of stolen mobile
- Is a divorce given in Australia considered as valid divorce in India
- Is epilepsy still a ground for divorce under Hindu Marriage Act?