×

quesSister in law started construction on my property. How to stop her?

I have a residential plot in my home town in Bankura District at west Bengal,India. I am staying in Gurgaon because of my job. My sister in law started house construction forcefully in my plot. Can I send a legal notice to stop the construction through Gurgaon Court?

If you are the owner of the plot in question, then your sister-in-law cannot raise a construction over the same or interfere in your peaceful possession of the same. 

However, in case she is forcefully starting construction, you need to seek a stay / injunction to stop the same over the said plot and this can only be granted from the Court having jurisdiction in the city / state where the immovable property is situated.

As an immediate measure, you can get a legal notice issued from a lawyer placed anywhere, calling upon your sister-in-law to stop the construction. The Courts at Gurgaon would not entertain your case.