Shop owners threatening to sell shop rented by us
We've been working in a rented shop for more than 30 years. All rent was paid regularly to the owners. The problem now is that owners want to sell this shop and they are not ready to sell the shop to us. Though we have requested them to sell the shop to us and we are even ready to pay the same price that they are demanding.
But due to some unknown reasons, they are not willing to sell the same shop to us. Now they are threatening to drag us to court. If we lose this shop we lose our lively hood. Help please.
Neither they can be forced to sell the shop to you, nor you can be thrown out of the shop by them. The owner can file a case against you for recovering the possession of the shop rented by him. If and when he moves to the court, you will get sufficient opportunity to fittingly contest his case. In order to protect your tenancy from being brought to a premature and illegal end you may move to the court and seek a stay order against any planned unlawful possession of the shop by the owner.
As you have all rent receipts, you can't be evicted without any court order. If any eviction suit is filed, it is contested on the basis of merits. You won't lose the shop but as owners of shop they can sell the shop whenever they want.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter's right in ancestral property
- Manager entered wrong leave particulars and now not correcting it
- Punishment for filing false case against someone
- married as a minor now i realise she isnt the one
- Wife submitted a petition for counselling is it possible?