quesShares in husband's flat after his death.

Husband, sole owner of flat holding total 5 shares died intestate. Can his wife hold 99 % and son 1 % proportions of total 5 shares in flat in co-op housing society by making agreement?

  • ansAs hurban died intestate first requirement is to acquire letters of administration from the Bombay high court so as to get the right to administer the property of the deceased in accordance with law. After obtaining letters of administration, the administrator can deal with the property subject to succession act and other laws. In sociery the wife and son can apply for joint membership with the no objection from other legal heirs if any. Also making an agreement for release of share of son does not arise now as the mother can act as a natural guardian if the son is minor....If he is major a family settlement deed can be executed..

    Advocate Riddhi Shah

      Borivali East, Mumbai

  • ansShare is an asset. Ultimately to be viewed by its convertible price. There is no restriction which the law poses for individuals to determine division of there assets by agreement. Irrespective of the rules that the society may have prohibiting division of a share in to fragments, these mother and son can determine their rights in those shares by an agreement, whether the society approves it or not.

    Advocate Prasad Arvind Abhyankar

      Amravati Road, Nagpur

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sukhwinder Singh Rai

  District Court, Ludhiana
 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Sudershani Ray

  Kailash Hills
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly