Share on Grandfathers Property
My grandfather earned few property including 15 acre of land and a house. He had 2 daughter and a Son. He passed away 1996. My uncle(Age :55) got release order for property from 1 of his sister (my mom (age 60) in 2000. Since the other sister is no more. For all this property my grandfather doesn't made any "will", Property were in his name for which my uncle got release order from 2 of his sister. We are 2 grandsons. Do we have any rights to sue on the property since 2 of us are major by the time my uncle got the release order for the property from our parents without our acknowledgement and we haven't signed any document. Does our sign is required or not.
After the commencement of Hindu succession Act, 1056, the property of a Hindu male dying intestate devolves upon the legal heirs as per provisions of Act. Firstly it devolves upon class I legal heirs who are sons, daughters, widow and mother. In your case the property was inherited by three daughters and a son getting one share each, considering that your grandmother did not survive by your grandfather. Since two of the legal heirs, including your mother have relinquished their share in favour of their brother he becomes owner of 3/4 of the estate. I may add that the released deed executed by your mother has to be registered as per the Registration Act and without registration it has no value. The position was quite different before the introduction of the HSA.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to know that I fall under which category
- how to get Marriage Certificate Correction done?
- Want to sell my shop rented but landlord is not allowing me to do that
- Regarding My birth certificate wrong information.
- Can I revoke gift deed made towards my minor son