Share in self acquired property.
My grandfather purchased a property in 1933 vied registry now my grandfather died in 1979 leaving 4 sons & two daughters & wife In 1988 my grandmother died and in the same year we have an oral settlement and memorandum among the 4 brothers that the said property will go to one of the son ( My father) who will give the three brothers money against that , and will also leave his share from some of property of my grandfather as per the valuer, there was a registered relinquish deed among the brothers in 1997. Few days back my cousin brother who's father has relinquished his share in favor of my father has sent a legal notice that this property belongs to the grandfather so he is one of the Coppertone and he also have right.
I am presuming he died intestate. On your grandmother's death, her 1/7th share will devolve among her 6 children. The family settlement entered into does not mention about share of 2 daughters. Although your father's brothers have signed relinquishment deeds and received share of money his sisters have not signed any such deed. Your cousin's brother legal notice is devoid of any merits. It was self acquired property of your grandfather. Your father's brother had signed relinquishment deed the cousin cannot claim any share.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Rental agreement expired last year and tenant not vacating flat
- Sexual harassment by colleague after work hours
- how to change name in birth certificate
- Registered Will in my name. Can any relative claim right in it?
- Rajasthan Land Department not giving property papers what can i do.