Share in ancestral property.
My father has been fighting a case in Andhra Pradesh court with his brother`s daughters and their respective husbands for share in joint property which was never divided after my Grandfather`s death.My grandfather had 2 sons & 3 Daughters,out of which my father`s elder brother died in 1991 may n from there on the dispute has started. according to law here even daughters have equal rights in property so that means 5 equal shares right? but heard that grandsons also have a say in property claim. So do I have chance of claim or not?
If a person claiming from through their father and the father is deceased then the grandsons/daughters have right to approach court and claim respective shares.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Harassment by husband want to file for divorce
- Breach of employment contract by employer What action can I take
- FATHER-IN-LAW CAN TRANSFER HIS PROPERTY TO DAUGHTER-IN-LAW
- Parents right on Deceased Son's Property & Savings
- non Payment of electricity bill by tenant how to recover