Settlement right re-transfer in family property
I have settled one property through proper Settlement Deed to my Father in 2010 now my father wants to re-transfer the said property to me through proper Settlement Deed after retaining the life interest whether it is legally possible and whether any time limitation exists?
After deed of family settlement has been executed by you, your father is absolute owner of said property. I presume said document is duly stamped and registered .
He is free to execute gift deed in your favor. No limitation period arises in such a case . However if ownership is retained by donor and possession is not handed over to done gift would be invalid . If at all your father wants to retain the property for his use he can make a will in your favor.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can employees ask for copy of bond from the employer
- Not able to pay my credit card due what action can be taken against me
- Can seller sign on property registration rather than putting stamp
- Can I apply for government job if charges are released
- Right of mother and children in father's property