quesSelling off a self acquired property.

I want to sell my property and give the money to my elder son. I have another son and a daughter. But as I am staying with my elder son from last 35 years I wish to sell the property and give the money to him. Property was bought by my husband from builder on my name 40 years ago. Now after selling it i want to keep some amount for myself and give rest to him. I dont want to give anything to other children as they refused to keep me. Can I do it ? After my death can other two claim amount from my elder son? I dont want any trouble for him.

  • ansSince you are absolute owner of property you can sell the same, you are at liberty to give part of sale proceeds to your son if you so desire, your other children have no claim on your property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My family settled in Ahmedabad for last 50-60 years. My great grandfather ran away from…

There was an idle plot near my grandfather house , so my father built a…
a leasehold DDA office space was in the name of my partnership firm(only partners are…
My father and my uncle possess near about 75 decimal Debottar Land used for agriculture.…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly