Selling off a self acquired property.
I want to sell my property and give the money to my elder son. I have another son and a daughter. But as I am staying with my elder son from last 35 years I wish to sell the property and give the money to him. Property was bought by my husband from builder on my name 40 years ago. Now after selling it i want to keep some amount for myself and give rest to him. I dont want to give anything to other children as they refused to keep me. Can I do it ? After my death can other two claim amount from my elder son? I dont want any trouble for him.
Since you are absolute owner of property you can sell the same, you are at liberty to give part of sale proceeds to your son if you so desire, your other children have no claim on your property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is it mandatory for defendant to come in court in the court case date
- Can I marry a girl when according to her DOB she is not a major
- friend took loan and did not pay but deduction from my salary
- Demand for marriage out of extra-marital affairs
- In laws disclosed false information before marriage What to do