Seller promised to register land. Now not doing so.
We purchased land. We wrote the settlement agreement between the seller and buyer in that settlement agreement the seller was told that when ever you and your family members want i can come and register the land in the concerned registrar office. Now we are asking him to come and register the land. He is not agree for registering the same land to us. What is the legal way to proceed for the land registration?
Once an agreement has been entered into it binds both the parties to the extent of the duties imposed thereunder. The seller cannot run away from his duty to come to the office of registrar for the registration of the sale deed.
Without the sale deed being registered and the property mutated in your name in the revenue records the title of this property would not vest in you. Thus, it is very essential that the sale deed is registered.
In order to enforce the agreement and legally obligate the seller to assist in the registration of sale deed you may file a case for specific performance in the court of the Civil Judge.
The court would issue a notice to the seller and ask him to explain as to why the case should not be decided in your favour.
If the court decides the case in your favour then the seller shall have to remain present in the office of registrar for the registration of the sale deed.
A criminal complaint for cheating can also be filed against him.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Parents own joint property and are separated can father claim share
- Company not releasing my dues. Unfair appointment letter. What to do?
- Son's legal right over his parent's residential home
- 11 yr old boy eye damaged while playing in school who is liable?
- How to prevent myself if fraud website have my documents ?