Seller not giving us more time to pay the balance property amount
My mother was a tenant in a shop since 2006. She then did a sale agreement with the owner to buy the shop and paid them Rs.15 lacs as the advance. The agreement did not have any time limit to pay the balance amount.
Now the owner is pressurizing to pay the balance amount and is also asking to pay the rent till the time we pay the full amount to buy the shop.
What should be do?
Deeming your agreement to be registered, if the time period clause is not mentioned then the limitation act does not apply.
Thus nothing can be forced upon you.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Compensation for Govt. occupied land
- Can Bank Auction Collateral Property Before The Main Primary Property
- Does succession certificate gives right to sell the property by heirs
- Cheque bounce case- disposed off can it be reopened
- Police refuse to lodge FIR what can I do?