Self owned house by wife
I purchase a flat in my name in 2009 . My mother is my nominee. I had given the fslt on rent for 2 years. In 2010 , i got married and i moved into my flat with my husband and in-laws since their flat was too small. Now , two years into marriage and a baby, they are trying to extract money from me , my salary etc. I am now staying with my parents house but my husband and in-laws are still staying at my flat. 1) can i legally ask my in-laws and my husband to leave my flat and go to their old place ( which is retained by them) 2) can i extract my belongings from my flat.. jewellary, tv, etc.?
Since the flat has been purchased by you in your name you are the legal owner thereof. It, therefore, follows that you have the right to command your husband and in-laws to leave. If they do not leave on their own accord then you may file a case for their eviction in court. You have every right to remove your jewellery and all other belongings.
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother wants to file for divorce but he is in living relationship
- What is the procedure to get court marriage done?
- Company not making full payment after resignation, please advise
- Uncle claiming share in ancestral property and have no legal heirs
- Property partition between brothers after father's death