quessale of land without consultation of all the owners of joint property.

My father has expired,He has left behind some landed property. we are three brothers but no division of property has been done. my elder brother has expired.His eldest son has sold a piece of land without my or my younger brothers consent. I do not have the details of landed property left by my father.Please advise me what I should do?

• ansUnless you have details of the land, you cannot take any legal action.

So you are required to dig out the details and after obtaining the details, you can file a suit for cancellation of sale deed and suit for declaration thereby seeking order for declaration that you are the legal owner.

You should also file an application under Order 39 Rule 1 and 2 thereby seeking  stay  that the current owner cannot sell the land.