Rights of married(but left by Husband)daughter in Ancestral Property?
Sir, I want to know that Whether There are any law for a married daughter, which gives her right to take part in her father's property? I'm leaved by my husband since last 18 year and by selling door to door biscuits &domestic product, I takes care of my 3 children without any permanent income source &lived in my father's house. My brothers going to divide the ancestral home and land, and force me to get out from this property. I have no place to stay besides this my father's home. Please help me. Please tell me what should I do? I have no enough money to pay rent of rental homes.
Post 2005 amendment a daughter (married or not) has the same right/share as a son in the coparcenary property i.e. in the property which your father has got from your grandfather or if your father brought property out of funds given by your grandfather.
Your brother cannot push you out of the house and you can claim you right by filing a partition suit in the Court.
madam, presently daughters have an equal share in the ancestral property with their brothers. Do not sign any document relinquishing or surrendering your rights in the property. No sale can take place without your consent. You may file a partition suit for your share in the property
Advocate Rajat JosephNizamuddin East, Delhi
Every daughter whether married or no has an equal share in the ancestral property of her father's property. Your brother cannot push you out of the house and you can claim you right by filing a partition suit in the Court.
Advocate Kanika BhutaniPunjabi Bagh (West), Delhi
Yes, post 2005 amendment a daughter (married or not) has the same right/share as a son in the coparcenary property. I.e. in the property which your father has got from your grandfather or if your father brought property out of funds given by ur grandfather ..
Please take an appointment for detailed consultation ..
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife threatening to file divorce what are my rights
- Work not delivered still due to which we are bearing loss
- Want to reconcile with wife but she is not willing to return back
- Non consummation of marriage can we file for divorce
- Partner not ready to pay TDS after closing down of company