quesrights of child from first marriage in property

Sir/ma'am, my father and mother married 1982 , i am first son , my mother expired on 1984, after my father had done second marriage 1986,4 she has children, my father expired 1989 , my father purchase 2 VLT plot in mumbai and 5 shop, as i was minor in 1989 all property was rented by my step mother , my step mother not allowing me to enter any shop , she has rented all property and claiming rent and using to take care of her son only, there is no any will by my father , what is my share in property and can I become karta of all property.

  • ansOn the death of your father, his HUF can continue and you (being his oldest child) shall be the karta after his death. Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, as amended by the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005, states that a coparcener is entitled to bequeath his share in a joint Hindu family property by testamentary disposition (by executing a will) or intestate succession. since your father died without any will property will devolve as per the rules of intestate succession applicable to Hindus under the Hindu Succession Act, 1956??his share in the joint Hindu family property shall devolve upon his Class I heirs (being his wife and all his children, including his daughters).

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I want to claim d share of our property, my grandpa is gift deed to…

I have booked two BHK flat on Pune suburb (Undri- Pisoli) in August 2012 with…

My grandfather owned a property. His first wife died leaving behind a son(S1). He married…

Have a flat in Gurgaon. brother has 2/3rd share in it and i have it…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly