quesrights of child from first marriage in property

Sir/ma'am, my father and mother married 1982 , i am first son , my mother expired on 1984, after my father had done second marriage 1986,4 she has children, my father expired 1989 , my father purchase 2 VLT plot in mumbai and 5 shop, as i was minor in 1989 all property was rented by my step mother , my step mother not allowing me to enter any shop , she has rented all property and claiming rent and using to take care of her son only, there is no any will by my father , what is my share in property and can I become karta of all property.

• ansOn the death of your father, his HUF can continue and you (being his oldest child) shall be the karta after his death. Section 6 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, as amended by the Hindu Succession (Amendment) Act, 2005, states that a coparcener is entitled to bequeath his share in a joint Hindu family property by testamentary disposition (by executing a will) or intestate succession. since your father died without any will property will devolve as per the rules of intestate succession applicable to Hindus under the Hindu Succession Act, 1956??his share in the joint Hindu family property shall devolve upon his Class I heirs (being his wife and all his children, including his daughters).