Right on my grandfathers property
my father was only son to my grandfather. my grandfather having two brothers.. after my grandfather death .. the land of 40 acres are shear equally and registered. after that my father promise me to give two acres of land on my marriage. we are two .. myself and my brother. now he is telling that i have no rights on the property that is his father property its belong to my brother only. one more thing my father purchased one flat on my mothers name. please help me it i have any rights on my grandfathers property or on my mother property.
i presume it was your grand father self acquired property . on his demise once deed of partition has been made , duly stamped and registered your father is absolute owner of his share of the said property . he can bequeath land as he pleases . only if your father dies without a will would you have 1/3rd share in property as far as mother property is concerned your mother would be absolute owner of said property standing in her name . as on date you have no rights on said property only if your mother dies intestate ie without a will would you have any share in said property
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Do we need to register landlord tenant agreement under pagdi system
- How to get the divorce case transferred from one district to another ?
- Legality of Gift Deed
- Can family of deceased person lease his property
- girlfriends mother want her to follow Christianity after marriage