Relative cheated and took half of our property. What to do?
I have been cheated by far relative/neighbor. Years ago, they have occupied about 95 decimal cultivated land and false deed was made at that time. My father was alive at that time and he was illiterate . Now 25 decimal of land was recorded in our name by BL . What can i do about it?
To enable me to reply to your query, you need to provide information like - what is this deed, the year/date of such deed, when did you learn about such a deed, who is having the title deed to such a land, in whose name the land was recorded at that time, what is this BL.
Advocate Rakesh ChaurasiaGreater Kailash- I, Delhi
Well there are two ways of dealing with this, firstly you will have to file a suit for declaration and permanent injunction concerning the title of the land by challenging the validity of the deed made and Secondly you can also initiate criminal proceedings which may also include trespass, criminal breach of trust etc.
Advocate Arjun Vinod BobdeSupreme Court of India, Delhi
You can file criminal complaint for cheating. First approach the police for filing of FIR. If they do not register, write to SHO followed by DCP. If it is still not registered, move court under S156 CrPC.
You can also file civil suit for declaration and permanent injunction in relation to that land.
Advocate Savyasachi Kumar SahaiC R Park, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque bounce how to recover the amount
- I lent money to one of my friend and he is not willing to return.
- What designation should a company owner write in his letter pad
- man disowned his wife and daughter- their rights
- How to recover salary deducted unfairly by company