quesRelative cheated and took half of our property. What to do?

I have been cheated by far relative/neighbor. Years ago, they have occupied about 95 decimal cultivated land and false deed was made at that time. My father was alive at that time and he was illiterate . Now 25 decimal of land was recorded in our name by BL . What can i do about it?

  • ansTo enable me to reply to your query, you need to provide information like - what is this deed, the year/date of such deed, when did you learn about such a deed, who is having the title deed to such a land, in whose name the land was recorded at that time, what is this BL.

    Advocate Rakesh Chaurasia

      Greater Kailash- I, Delhi

  • ansWell there are two ways of dealing with this, firstly you will have to file a suit for declaration and permanent injunction concerning the title of the land by challenging the validity of the deed made and Secondly you can also initiate criminal proceedings which may also include trespass, criminal breach of trust etc.

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansYou can file criminal complaint for cheating. First approach the police for filing of FIR. If they do not register, write to SHO followed by DCP. If it is still not registered, move court under S156 CrPC.

    You can also file civil suit for declaration and permanent injunction in relation to that land.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Partition between dad and his three brothers for there parental property which has property of…
legal question My grandfather expired in 1998. While getting an updated Mutation copy of our…
I have some relatives who had 3 shop which are illegally taken by shopkeeper since…
Purchases 2 flats in Lonavala as holiday home. The developer offered to lease it back…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly