Relative asking for share in ancestral property. What to do?
We have an ancestral property(said to be belonging to my great grandmother) but is registered to my grandmother's name who has 3 children(including my father). Recently the children of my grandmother's siblings have issued a court notice and a case for their shares, but it is said that my grandmother's siblings(all deceased) already got their shares long back but there is no proof for those. What should be our next steps?
I thank you for your query .
You have mentioned in your query that your grandmother had expired . She is the owner of the property & also your grand mother has 3 children . Your father is one of the legal heir of your grand mother . You have mentioned in your query that the children of my grandmother's siblings have issued a court notice . If you get the notice , case No. & order copy , we can proceed accordingly. Otherwise , we have to issue a legal notice on behalf of your father to the remaining legal heirs of your grand mother Then we will file a case before the civil court . We can get the order accordingly.
Advocate R KrishnamoorthyThiruvanmiyur, Chennai
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wrong diagnosis by hospital due to which lost my newly born daughter.
- Married for 31 years husband not ready to divorce
- Falsely accused for cutting down a tree
- Mentally and Physically tourcher by son to his parents what action
- Procedure for divorce of Indian citizen husband and foreign wife