quesRegistration of Actual Sale Deed

I bought a site from a housing society on lease cum sale basis in 1980. LCS deed and conditional sale deed were executed and the same was registered. We built a house in 1985 and have been living there for the past 30 years. I did not take the absolute sale deed but. I got the same from the society in 2012. I went in to get the registration done when the sub registrar asked me to pay at the current market price of the site which was Rs 40 lakhs. The fee however is 1 % of this which comes to Rs. 40000 only. Is the demand valid according to law?

  • ansIf the sale deed is not registered then there would be a problem on your title if the property becomes a subject matter of a law suit.

    Register the sale deed, it is in your interest. Pay the stamp duty and registration fees demanded. The document which is not stamped or registered is admissible for evidence.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

The house in which we are staying right now is in father's name. He wants…
My mother was expired before 10 years ago. We are two son of my mother.we…
A Will was made some years back stating that the immovable property is to be…
We have booked a unit in Noida Sec-74,Supertech Capetown,the builder delayed possesion 4 years,now they…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly