Registered will changed by wife.
My mother's father had a house in Hosangabad (M.P.) and it has 5 seprate portions. 2 portions having joint let bath area and 1 seperate portion having individual let bath area on the ground floor and 2 portion on the first floor having joint let bath area. My grand father(Nana) had done a registered will and as per that will ground portion are for 3 daughters and first floor portion for 2 sons. My mother passed away on 31st dec but before that the individual portions are transferred on the concerned person's name. My Mama(mother elder brother) also passed away but his wife stays alone in the house.
She stays at my mother and her elder sister(my maasi) portion at ground floor. My mother elder sister filed a case against her(elder brotherâ€™s wife) to vacate the portion but later on we discovered that she had done a will with 3 witnesses by my nanaâ€™s wife in which its mentioned that ground floor both portions belong to her. Now my nani is also no more. My question is whether a registered will (by my nana) can be changed by his spouse (Nani) and as my mother demised her portion will belong to his husband or children.
Under no circumstances your maternal grand mother could have changed the will prepared by her husband. You may file a law suit for cancellation of the changes effected by your maternal grand mother in the will of your maternal grand father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- IBD Builder defaulted on delivery of flat in Bhopal
- Can police complaint be filed when no cheque has been bounced
- Proceedings under prevention of food adulteration how to proceed
- Didn't appoint arbitrator as per terms of the contract.
- Defense personnel divorced. Change of nominee.