×

quesrefunding money from builder

I have paid about Rs.17 lakhs in 2012 to a builder who promised to give possession of my apartment by November 2014. An agreement for sale has also been signed. However, till now the project has not started. When I asked him to return the money saying that I am not interested in the property due to the delay, he is refusing to give me back the money (paid through cheque to him). How can i get this money back from him? Any amount of requesting has failed to get results. Thanks and regards

• ansI suggest you to send a notice to builder asking for refund as the deadline has been crossed and has not started the construction. If he fails to respond to the notice positively, you can approach consumer forum.

You narrate the entire facts of the case and ask for refund (as the deadline is crossed and builder has not started the construction) along with compensation. It is advisable to seek help of Advocate to draft notice and represent you in the Consumer Forum.