refunding money from builder
I have paid about Rs.17 lakhs in 2012 to a builder who promised to give possession of my apartment by November 2014. An agreement for sale has also been signed. However, till now the project has not started. When I asked him to return the money saying that I am not interested in the property due to the delay, he is refusing to give me back the money (paid through cheque to him). How can i get this money back from him? Any amount of requesting has failed to get results. Thanks and regards
I suggest you to send a notice to builder asking for refund as the deadline has been crossed and has not started the construction. If he fails to respond to the notice positively, you can approach consumer forum.
You narrate the entire facts of the case and ask for refund (as the deadline is crossed and builder has not started the construction) along with compensation. It is advisable to seek help of Advocate to draft notice and represent you in the Consumer Forum.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Issued blank cheques when borrowed money how can I cancel cheque
- registered sale agreement : Purchaser not coming forward
- Misuse of blank security cheque by company
- Case filed against me u/s 506,34,406 & 420 how to check LOC
- Share of illegal wife and children.