quesRedevelopment Agreement for Ancestral Property

After my grandmother's death my aunt transferred the property to herself. My uncle and my dad (all of them died intestate) and hence the ancestral property still stands in their names and till date we have not got the said ancestral property transferred to any one of our names. As far as signing of the Agreement is concerned, I just need to know if the property is inherited and as all the legal heirs have expired, can the property go in my motherâ??s name after the death of my father? Can she solely sign the redevelopment agreement if made in her name alone or still we all heirs need to sign the same?

• ansThe property has to be divided between all legal heirs. Your father's portion of the said property can be divided between you, your mother and your sister-in-law (in absence of your brother). Since all of you become co-owners of the property, you all have to sign the development agreement unless any one of you decide to relinquish his/her right on the property in favor of the other members.