Purchase of ex unauthorized plots through a sale deed
If I purchase a residential plot in an unauthorized colony through a sale deed, would it be considered valid? I want to buy a house in the DCM colony that is in the list of unauthorized colonies regularized by Delhi government recently. The POA rests with the property owner and he is ready to give me the power of attorney not a sale deed. Would this transaction be considered valid as per the recent supreme court order?
This cannot be treated as a valid sale as the transfer of property can take place only through a registered deed of transfer.
The owners of the plots in unauthorized colonies, as a title have only notorised POA, which cannot be claimed as valid documents.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Charged with IPC sections can I apply for passport
- Can association restrict on children playing in common areas
- Delay in possession by builder what can we do
- Brother took my property using my forged signature what can I do
- False 498A case running against me, will the judge favor my wife