Property sold without seller's children's consent
Two years back I purchased a house, the owner who sold her house to me is the second wife of his husband. The actual property was purchased by the first wife with her own money before she passed away. After she passed away the husband transferred the property to the second wife. Now the first wife's children have filed a case saying that this is an illegal transaction. Can I challenge the same?
With the death of first wife both her children and husband had inherited the property. Her husband can never transfer the whole share in favor of the second wife without the children's consent. Since you have made the full payment, ask the seller to get a NOC from the children.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brother abused me sexually in childhood. can I take legal action now ?
- Neighbors not letting us to construct the house what can we do
- How will property divide if father died and mother remarried
- Builder did not give share to the owner what action can we take
- Can we avoid PF and ESI for delivery boys as there part of salary