quesProperty rights of grandchildren.

My Grandfather had a piece of land owned by himself. When he expired there was no will made. He has 2 sons and 2 daughters. After he expired all the property khathas transferred to elder sons name and my father is the 2nd son. At the time of transfer, elder son gave some paltry compensation to my father and 2 other sisters. I was 19 years of age at that time and not signed any of the documents.

I was not knowing all these till the property was kept for sale very recently. I wanted to know my rights in the property. Can i claim for the property now? What are the legal procedures for this? Was the transfer for Khathas to elder son valid without my signature even though i was a major at that time? If the property is now sold to someone else will my signature in the sale agreement necessary?

  • ansThis property was joint family property and not the individual property of your father's elder brother. As a corollary thereto, he could not have sold your share therein. Whether you can lay a legal claim to it now depends on when your grand father died, and the deeds, if any, which were signed by your father in favor of his elder brother.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

 This is w.r.t ancestral property located in Coimbatore. My grandfather had 3 sons and 3…
Sir My wife has purchased a property for 50 lakh on the mutual understanding with…
Can a self acquired property of mother be given to only 2sons and without knowing…

Flat owned by husband and wife is Co applicant. Does she has equal right on…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly