Property rights of adopted child.
I am adopted son, adopted by mothers father and mother when i was at the age of 15 years and they adopted me by performing dattaka homa and registered my adoption as they were not having any successors, both of them were staying apart, my adopted mother was staying with me after my adoption till her death, my adopted father has an ancestral property which he has named to his brothers son recently, can i have any right to fight for the property now, please guide me.
Since the adoption is registered in accordance with the law it is valid. As the adoption is valid you have an equal share in the ancestral property of your adopted father. He could not have made a will or settlement of the ancestral property in a manner which effectively deprives you of your share. You may file a case for property division in the court and cull out your share in the ancestral property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Girlfriends father threatening me what action can i take
- What are the liabilities of a Guarantor towards a creditor?
- Brother in-law torturing wife what action can be taken
- Insurance company denied to give accidental claim amount
- Wife got stay order from SC against divorce case