quesProperty rights of adopted child.

I am adopted son, adopted by mothers father and mother when i was at the age of 15 years and they adopted me by performing dattaka homa and registered my adoption as they were not having any successors, both of them were staying apart, my adopted mother was staying with me after my adoption till her death, my adopted father has an ancestral property which he has named to his brothers son recently, can i have any right to fight for the property now, please guide me.

  • ansSince the adoption is registered in accordance with the law it is valid. As the adoption is valid you have an equal share in the ancestral property of your adopted father. He could not have made a will or settlement of the ancestral property in a manner which effectively deprives you of your share. You may file a case for property division in the court and cull out your share in the ancestral property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

The partition deed was made among my family members on 1996. 1996 original deed was…
Flat Buyer purchase Agreement- I had purchased shop from builder in 1976 in New Delhi.…
I have a property wich was aloted on my big brothers name In 1976 From…

My grand father has 2sons & 5 daughters he died in 1941 & 1son &…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly