quesProperty rights of adopted child.

I am adopted son, adopted by mothers father and mother when i was at the age of 15 years and they adopted me by performing dattaka homa and registered my adoption as they were not having any successors, both of them were staying apart, my adopted mother was staying with me after my adoption till her death, my adopted father has an ancestral property which he has named to his brothers son recently, can i have any right to fight for the property now, please guide me.

• ansSince the adoption is registered in accordance with the law it is valid. As the adoption is valid you have an equal share in the ancestral property of your adopted father. He could not have made a will or settlement of the ancestral property in a manner which effectively deprives you of your share. You may file a case for property division in the court and cull out your share in the ancestral property.