quesProperty received in gift. In how much time can we sell it?

If we receive a property by gift, in how much time can we sell it? Also can i sell it to my husband? The property belongs to my brother. He was given this property by father by a proper sale deed which is in his name. Can his wife or children creating an issue at a later stage?

If the gift deed is registered by sub registrar and requisite stamp duty is paid then it is very difficult to challenge the gift deed. 

Further, when you get the gift deed you are the title owner and you can sell the property to any one by way of sale deed.

• ansYes you can sell the property as you like, subject to the gift being a registered gift in accordance with law.
    Also your brother's children can only create an issue if it is a HUF or coparcenary property which does not seem to be the case since your brother bought it from your father by a registered sale deed.
    Kindly contact for detailed consultation.

Advocate Vanshdeep Dalmia

Jor Bagh, Delhi