Property received in gift. In how much time can we sell it?
If we receive a property by gift, in how much time can we sell it? Also can i sell it to my husband? The property belongs to my brother. He was given this property by father by a proper sale deed which is in his name. Can his wife or children creating an issue at a later stage?
If the gift deed is registered by sub registrar and requisite stamp duty is paid then it is very difficult to challenge the gift deed.
Further, when you get the gift deed you are the title owner and you can sell the property to any one by way of sale deed.
Yes you can sell the property as you like, subject to the gift being a registered gift in accordance with law.
Also your brother's children can only create an issue if it is a HUF or coparcenary property which does not seem to be the case since your brother bought it from your father by a registered sale deed.
Kindly contact for detailed consultation.
Advocate Vanshdeep DalmiaJor Bagh, Delhi
Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can APIIC acquire agriculture land from farmers after judgement by HC
- Cousin gave 3 blank cheques for building his hotel, now not paying me
- Borrowed money for business not able to return what can I do
- university delaying to provide the certificate, what can be done
- Person appointed for particular job and did not complete it. Remedy?