quesProperty issue. Can ancestral property be given to only person?

My gandparents have expired and the property is transferred to my parents. My parents have four sons and two sisters. Now my question is can my parents give this property only to one son alone? Without consent of there three sons?

The essential feature of ancestral property is that if the person inheriting it has sons, grandsons or great-grandsons, they become joint owner's coparceners with him and the property must be undivided.  

If your Great Grandfather has purchased the property and the property remains undivided then it is ancestral property and each son will have a share as coparceners.

However it must be proven that the property was purchased by Great Grandfather and has passed on undivided to the fourth generation.  

• ans The essential feature of ancestral property is that if the person inheriting it has sons, grandsons or great-grandsons, they become joint owner's coparceners with him and the property must be undivided. If your Great Grandfather has purchased the property and the property remains undivided then it is ancestral property and each son will have a share as coparceners. However it must be proven that the property was purchased by Great Grandfather and has passed on undivided to the fourth generation.

Advocate Praneeta Sharma

Saiyad Ul Ajaib, Delhi

Advocate Praneeta Sharma

Saiyad Ul Ajaib, Delhi