Property gifted by my sister. Can my sister's son challenge it?
I have a house from my Late father, & a share of that house was gifted to me by my sister. We are the only children to my father, my mother also expired. My sister is blessed with a son & is a minor, when she gifted her share of the said house to me. Can my nephew (my sister's son) claim the share after he becomes major. Pls advice
It is suggested that your sister should gift the property to the minor because you will have problem in selling the property until, your nephew becomes major. Also, if she gifts the property to her son, he can claim the property when he becomes major.
Assuming you are Hindu, you will be governed by Hindu Succession Act , so after the death of your sister the property will automatically devolve to your nephew.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can a file a case against my uncle for illegal possessing of property
- Can a daughter claim share in father's property
- Company is paying partial salary what should I do?
- Motor Cycle stolen from company parking premises who is responsible
- Trasfer property/land from father to Son/Mother after Father's death